Huzzah, I’ve been given three mystery blogger awards, courtesy of Film and TV 101, The Film Blog and Keith Loves Movies. Thank y’all for the nominations and everyone else: check out their blogs if you haven’t already!
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma with an intention of forming a community of like-minded bloggers that appreciate each other’s work.
The rules of the tag/award are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
So firstly, questions from Kira . . .
What do you know now that you wish you had known 10 years ago?
Discarded pizza boxes are an inexpensive source of cheese. People are different and having your own opinion is perfectly fine.
What film or TV series would you say is your guilty pleasure?
It’s not on any more, but I used to enjoy watching Ugly Betty – I’ve seen every episode!
If you could pick any two famous people to be your parents, who would they be?
Hmmm . . . Patrick Stewart and Eva Green? Though considering the latter, I’d probably end up developing an Oedipus Complex.
If you were to start a Film Club, what film would you show at the first gathering and why?
12 Angry Men because I’m sure that it was the first film that properly got me interested in films and its a perfect example of film acting, writing and directing
What would you call your own talk show?
I’d probably stick with what I have now: Plain, Simple Tom Reviews . . . or The Plain, Simple Talkshow
Now, questions from The Film blog . . .
Is there a remake/reboot of a film that you wish you could erase from history?
Psycho – why tamper with greatness?
If you could put any director and any actor together from any time in history for one film, who would they be?
Alfred Hitchcock and Benedict Cumberbatch?
What was your favourite film of 1987? (Totally random one there!)
From a brief look, I’d say Full Metal Jacket
Why do you write about film, or anything really?
Cos it’s the subject I have the most to say about.
Which film should win Best Picture at the Oscars this weekend?
Manchester by the Sea!
And lastly, questions from Keith . . .
What film genre would best describe your life?
Experimental arthouse moody cult piece.
What is your favorite TV show?
Parks and Recreation
If you can do one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Eat pizza? Or watch every movie ever made. Except the awful ones!
Will it be an outrage if La La Land doesn’t win Best Picture?
No, loads of other nominees are worthy contenders
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Woodchuck chuck, woodchuck chuck, woodchuck DO chuck wood!
Three things about me . . .
- I was on my junior school’s netball team. I enjoyed it and I’d much rather have done that than play rugby. Pfft.
- I was in a theatre group for 10 years. Amazing times but that bridge has pretty much been burned.
- When I was around 9 or 10, I used to make up stories and films and the like (one set of them pretty much ripping off Star Wars) and used to act them out in the playground. On my own. Must have looked a little strange. 😉
My best post(s)
And I nominate:
- Drew’s Movie Reviews
- Brendan Bellavia
- The Vern’s Video Vortex
- The Cozy Chronicles
- Moustache Movie News
And my questions be these:
- What’s your favourite movie quote?
- Which book does everyone need to read, right now?
- What would your last meal on Earth be?
- If it was Groundhog Day, what song would play for you every morning at 6 am?
- What have I got in my pocket?
Thanks again to Kira, The Film Blog and Keith!