So, I’ve been nominated three times for this Sunshine Blogger Award in a relatively short space of time and I’ll answer all the questions here and now. These three awards come courtesy of Popcorn and Film, Drew’s Movie Reviews and Keith Loves Movies – thank you, all! 🙌
Here’s the rules:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions they set you
- Pick another 11 bloggers (and let them know they are nominated!)
- Set them 11 questions
First off, questions from Renate at Popcorn and Film!
1.If you could have three wishes (like in Aladdin) then what would you wish for?
Control of time, flight and omnipotence (if that’s not cheating!) I’d use all of that to fly around the world, being a superhero!
2. The best movie you have seen this year is?
No surprises: Captain America: Civil War!
3. Your biggest fear is?
Bugs. And death.
4. A theme song you loved as a child is?
Rosie and Jim; my favourite show as a child.
5. Which series have you considered watching for ages but just haven’t yet?
Game of Thrones; I’ve promised myself that I’ll watch it one day. But only after the final episode and everyone stops going on about it!
6. For how long would you survive if you were in the Hunger Games and what would your strategies be?
Oh I’m sure that I’d last all of two minutes. I’d stay hidden, maybe play dead for a surprise attack.
7. How do you best start the morning?
A cup of tea!
8. If you could pick a celebrity to be your roommate then who would it be and what would you do together?
Dan Castellaneta; I’d just sit and listen to him do voices all day.
9. What are you most looking forward to right now?
My Tuesday night viewing of Locked Up
10. Which is the next movie you will watch at the cinema?
Again, no surprises: Suicide Squad! No, that didn’t pan out! Possibly David Brent: Life on the Road (review dependent) or maybe even Sausage Party, since I’ve heard some good things about it!
11. Which song do you put on repeat at the moment
Probably Sia’s “Cheap Thrills”; she’s clearly the best music artist in the charts right now.
And now onto Drew’s questions!
1. Who is your favorite actor?
Ummm hard one, but I have to go for Patrick Stewart; he can do serious but also have fun doing silly stuff as well (Extras, American Dad!). Plus, he’s a fan of Raymond Chandler, just like me! James Stewart is also one of, if not, the best.
2. Who is your favorite actress?
Probably Eva Green; she’s the best thing about anything she’s ever in. Also a fan of Charlize Theron, Jessica Chastain and Emily Blunt.
3. Do you prefer to have a physical DVD/Blu-Ray disk or a digital copy?
Physical copy; I’m old-fashioned that way. Nothing like physically holding a film in your hands. Well, provided its worth owning . . .
4. Do you prefer special editions or are you content with just having a copy of the film?
Just the basic copy is fine by me. Though, it depends on just how good the special edition is and how worthy the film itself is. For example, the Terminator 2 special edition is amazing.
5. What is your favorite place you have traveled?
Cyprus – way back when I enjoyed Summer holiday destinations! Edinburgh’s also a great place to visit, been there twice.
6. What is your favorite place to travel to in your town?
Well, there isn’t exactly much choice! Got to be the cinema!
7. If a genie could grant you one wish, what would it be?
Well, it would have been superpowers but looking at the next question . . . Let’s go for “world peace”; Lord knows we need a bit of that right now!
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Control of time.
9. What made you decide to start blogging?
I wanted an outlet for my film opinions; before, I used the Amazon review page but got annoyed by all the negative votes. Finally, my sister gave me that final persuasion to start this all up.
10. What are you proud of most about your blog?
Probably my American Tail post for Film Music Central’s James Horner blogathon; it was my first blogathon participation and a real labour of love.
11. What have you learned from being a blogger?
Not to be so serious and clinical when reviewing movies, that its alright to put a little emotion into your reviews and to let your personality shine through a bit.
And finally, questions from Keith Loves Movies!
1. What was your favorite movie of 2016 so far?
Captain America: Civil War!
2. What was your least favorite movie of 2016 so far?
3. What is your favorite movie of all time?
Hard one. I guess it’s Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
4. What is your least favorite movie of all time?
Seed of Chucky – abysmal!
5. What is your favorite TV show?
Well, there are many great ones out there, but I have to go for Parks and Recreation; love it sooooo much!
6. What movies this year are you most looking forward to?
Most of the main ones have been and gone! Still, got Rogue One, Doctor Strange and Assassin’s Creed (pleeeeeeeease be good!) on the horizon.
7. Do you like watching a movie in a theater or at home?
Depends how cinema worthy it is. Gotta love seeing blockbusters on the big screen but watching films on DVD at home is great too.
8. What is the most movies you’ve seen in a day?
Three or four I guess . . .
9. How many movies have you seen this year?
14 in the cinema. Including ones seen on TV and DVD – about 60. And yes, I went through ALL my tweets to get the right answer! #sad
10. What do you do when you’re not watching movies?
Blogging about movies! And work. #boring
11. Why did you start blogging?
So I could pour all of my film opinions into one place: a pet project to work on and maintain.
Aaaaaaand, breathe in!
I would like to nominate:
- Reel Film
- The Aspiring Film Critic
- Brendan Bellavia
- Veronika’s Film Reviews
- The Vern’s Video Vortex
- Film and Nuance
- The Sporadic Chronicles of a Beginner Blogger
- Through the Silver Screen
- The Last Picture Blog
Here’s the questions:
- Who are good inspirational role models for young kids to have today?
- You have a time machine – do you go backwards or forwards in time?
- What has been your favourite country that you’ve visited and where would you most like to go next?
- What were you like when you were in school?
- Do you prefer going to the cinema, watching films on Netflix (or another similar site) or buying and watching DVDs?
- What song most reminds you of your childhood?
- Who’s your hero?
- What’s your favourite TV show?
- What would you choose for your last meal?
- What hobby would you like to take up?
- And finally, a favourite: which 5 actors/actresses would you have at a dinner party?
Thanks again Renate, Drew and Keith! 🙌