Well now, this is awesome! Three more Sunshine Blogger awards, courtesy of Brendan Bellavia, The Marcko Guy and The Vern’s Video Vortex and a fourth Liebster Award, which comes from . . . The Marcko Guy again! Thanks guys and apologies for the lateness of my responses!
So, here’s the rules for both awards:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions they set you
- Pick another 11 bloggers (and let them know they are nominated!)
- Set them 11 questions
So first, I’ll answer Brendan’s questions:
1.Favorite movie character?
Wow, where do you start? Let’s go Iron Man; RDJ just owns it!
2. Most anticipated movie for the rest of 2016?
Probably Doctor Strange; it’s been too long since I’ve seen a Marvel film in the cinema!
3. Favorite actor?
Patrick Stewart; amazing when he does the serious stuff but he’s clearly also able to have a laugh and do all kinds of silly stuff as well.
4. Favorite actress?
Eva Green; she’s the best thing about anything she’s ever in.
5. Favorite movie that takes place in space?
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Exciting adventure with great music, affecting themes and an awesome villain!
6. Best Steven Spielberg film?
7. Friends or Seinfeld?
Friends – cos I’ve only seen about 2 full episodes of Seinfeld.
8. Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones?
Breaking Bad– cos I’m part of that tiny minority who hasn’t seen Game of Thrones!
9. Movie you can quote the most?
Got to be Hot Fuzz; a friend of mine posted a quote on Facebook, I responded with another one and then I spent the next 15 minutes or so randomly thinking of so many other quotes from that film. Once you start, you just can’t stop!
Just for fun, here are some of my favourites:
- “Nobody tells me nuthin!”
- “My my, here come the fuzz!”
- “Fascist!” “Hag!”
- “A great big bushy beard!”
- “STOP WRITING!” “. . . stop . . . writing . . .”
10. Favorite movie you have seen so far this year?
Captain America: Civil War!
11. What is your favorite thing you have posted on your blog?
My An American Tail post for Film Music Central’s James Horner blogathon; my first blogathon participation and a real labour of love! Or my list of 10 great European films.
Next, I’ll answer Markus’ questions for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
1. Is there a movie that you like but most other people dislike? If so, which movie is it?
Probably The League of Extraordinary Gentleman; it’s flawed, but its ambitious and there’s still plenty to enjoy. A poor man’s Avengers!
2. Favorite movie of 1997?
Either L. A. Confidential or Cop Land, even though I’ve only seen each of them just the once! Ooh, or Austin Powers!
3. What’s the best christmas present you have ever received?
Joker boxers – they’re purple and they’re awesome!
4. Coffee or tea?
Tea! I’m pretty good at making it and I don’t trust anyone else to make it for me!
5. Is there a song that always gets you emotional?
There’s probably a few but Elton John singing “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” is waaay up there! Reminds me of going to see it in the cinema when I was younger . . .
6. Favorite color?
7. Favorite space movie that is not in any way part of the “Star Wars” mythos?
Well if it’s not Wars, then I’ll go for Trek – Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan!
8. If you could bring back any dead celebrity for a chat (or something), who would it be?
Maybe Gene Roddenberry; we could talk about his creation of Star Trek and his opinion of sci-fi films today.
9. What do you do to relax?
Hard one, since I stress and worry all the time but working on my blog is a great way to escape the real world and have some fun talking about film/TV! Saying that, watching a film or TV can be quite relaxing. With a cup of tea alongside!
10. You’re stuck on a deserted island, what 4 movies have you brought with you to bide your time?
Easy A (cos it makes me smile) Sideways (same reason), Muppet Treasure Island (cos its about an island!) and Singin’ in the Rain. Random ones there!
11. What canceled show would you want to see brought back from the dead?
Parks and Recreation – love it so much!
And now, onto The Vern’s questions!
1. Name an older movie you would like to see remade.
I don’t think I should advocate remakes, especially of older films! The Godfather: Part III, maybe?
2. Name a movie that should never be remade, ever.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington; it’s a gem of the silver screen and it’s perfect the way it is.
3. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Tia Carerre (in True Lies)
4. Marry/F**k/Kill (Gilbert Gottfried, Emo Phillips, Donald Duck)
I guess that I’d marry Gilbert Gottfried, f**k Emo Philips and kill Donald Duck! (He’s a toon, he won’t really die! 😉)
5. What was the first movie you watched with your parents that had a sex scene. How did you react?
Don’t remember; I guess that I’ve buried that memory! I would have reacted by not saying anything and avoiding movement/eye contact!
6. This is for both girls and guys. What do you like more in physical appearances? Chest, butt or legs.
I don’t suppose “all of the above” is an acceptable answer! As a subcategory of chest, I’ll say stomach; definitely a weakness for me!
7. Name a band or artist you would gladly pay $500 to see live
R.E.M. – My favourite group and it’d be all the more special, since they’re not together any more!
8. Marry/F**k/Kill: Amy (Gone Girl), Ava (Ex-Machina), Harley Quinn (Suicide Squad)
I haven’t seen Gone Girl but I know that its Rosamund Pike so I’d f**k her (she’s gorgeous!), marry Harley Quinn (though I’d be petrified of how The Joker would react and kill Ava.
9. Do you really want a 2nd season of Stranger Things and if so Why.
I haven’t seen the first series, so I couldn’t possibly comment!
10. Name a scene from a movie that makes you cry.
Gotta be the the saddest death in movie history: Mufasa’s in The Lion King
11. Name a scene from a movie that turns you on.
Oh, there’s probably too many to count! Let’s just go for Salma Hayek dancing in From Dusk Till Dawn! (SOUND OF JAW HITTING THE FLOOR)
And finally, Markus’ Liebster Award questions:
1. Is there a movie remake that you actually think is good?
I haven’t seen Judge Dredd, but its reboot was pretty awesome! Or James Mangold’s 3: 10 to Yuma; it’s not as good as the original, but it captures the spirit, updates it nicely and is a worthy remake indeed.
2. You’re gonna be stuck in a prison cell for a long time, name three books that you’d bring with you to pass the time.
The first Raymond Chandler omnibus (3 books in one!), One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and The Color Purple
3. Are there any movie adaptations that you think are better than the book it’s based on?
The Warriors, Blade Runner and Rosemary’s Baby
4. Best/Worst film you’ve seen so far that came out this year?
Best: Captain America: Civil War
Worst: Suicide Squad
5. Should the United states presidential campaign of 2016 be called Tron or Clump?
“Clump” seems appropriate . . .
6. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
Well, I did have both a Woody and Buzz Lightyear (several of those, in fact!) What kid wouldn’t want them?
A friend of mine actually tried to buy Woody off me once, obviously I politely declined. Then later, he “accidentally” broke the pull string. 😠
7. Global warming: Scientific fact or total bullshit?
Fact. And Trump claims that its all a natural occurrence . . . 😩
8. Is there a song that always gets you emotional/makes you cry?
Elton. “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” See previous answer set! 😉
9. What’s your favorite documentary film?
Super Size Me, even though it gets my appetite right up!
10. Cats or dogs?
I like both, but if pushed, I’d say cats – majestic, graceful creatures!
11. What is your most anticipated movie of 2017?
Since Tom Holland set the bar so high, Spider-Man: Homecoming. Then again, The Lego Batman Movie should also be a riot!
Aaaaand deep breath in!
For a Sunshine Blogger Award, I would like to nominate:
- On the Screen Reviews
- Film Nerds Unite
- Thoughts All Sorts
- CFY Movie Reviews
- Tranquil Dreams
- Digital Shortbread
Here be the questions:
- What’s would you do with £1 million?
- What’s the best way to spend a Friday night?
- What is your favourite animated TV series?
- What are your 3 favourite drinks?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- Which famous person would you most want to slap in the face?
- Bionic arm or Bionic leg?
- What’s your favourite Disney song?
- What is the best film to watch for when you’re feeling low?
- Chocolate or sex?
- And finally, a favourite: Which 5 actors/actresses would you have at a dinner party?
Thanks again to Brendan, Markus and Vern!